Seeking Compensation For Medical Negligence
Based in Newport, the law firm of Lange, Quill & Powers, PLC, handles medical malpractice cases throughout the state.
Scott Powers is a relentless litigator on behalf of his clients’ interests. He spent 25 years as a hospital physicians’ defense lawyer before deciding to transfer his primary focus to the plaintiffs’ side.
Today, Scott is a highly respected and successful advocate on behalf of injured patients and the families of wrongful death victims in northern Kentucky and beyond. Other attorneys frequently seek his advice and assistance in complex cases related to hospital errors or equipment failures. Such cases include:
- Birth injuries — Negligence during labor and delivery, forceps and vacuum extractor injuries, shoulder dystocia and Erb’s palsy, cerebral palsy, oxygen deprivation, uterine rupture, failure to order C-sections, failure to respond to fetal distress and more
- Defective products — Faulty heart valves, defective cardiac defibrillators, dangerous hip implants and other products liability issues
- Misdiagnosis — Failure to correctly and promptly diagnose strokes, heart attacks, cancer, appendicitis and other serious health conditions
- Surgical errors — Foreign objects left behind, operating on the wrong body part, anesthesia errors, post-surgical infections and other cases
- Other incidents — Other injuries caused by poor judgment on the part of hospital staff, physicians, nurses, radiologists, anesthesiologists, OB-GYNs and related practitioners